Date: 11. December 2021
With huge thanks to Dark Train host Kate Bosworth for the invite!
Kate Bosworth / Dark Train
- f5point6 – Charting Unknown Constellations
- Ffion – Lights That Burn Twice As Bright
- Lisa Bella Donna – (Excerpt) Atagahi, of the Great Smoky Mountains
- Kindly Spoken Thieves – Rheostat
- Ordnance Survey – Connolly Station December 1962
bleed Air / superpolar Taïps
- bleed Air – proper time – time, ferocious (superpolar Taïps 2021)
- Ardor – Flux – Split w/ Smylex Attack (Strategic Tape Reserve, 2021)
- Therapeutische Hörgruppe Köln – Enchanted Isle of Entanglement (Flexi postcard single, self-released)
- Gordan – Seediq – Down In The Meadow (Morphine, 2021)
- Adderall Canyonly – Thine Hands Rend As Well As Reap – Stand Alone And Burn (Opal Tapes)
- Field Tape – Yellow – Ambient Journal (Yellow), self released
- Leaaves – Another Bright Nothing – Asleep for a YearB side (Cassette single, superpolar Taips, Dec 2021)
- The Incidental Crack – I lost it – Detail (Anticipating Nowhere Records, 2021)
- Guybrush – Distrazione – Music for queuing at the supermarket (SØVN Records, 2021)
- Phirnis – Gated Communities – Non Traumatic Events, split with Chorchill (Submarine Broadcasting, 2021)
- Ergo Phizmiz featuring Depresstival – Scream If You Wanna Go Faster – Plaza Centraal (Strategic Tape Reserve, 2021)
- The Fall – New Face in Hell – Grotesque (Rough Trade, 1980)
- Jacques Palminger & 440Hz Trio – Die Kirschblütenrakete (Staatsakt, 2016)
- Carsten Erobique Meyer – Schottys Traum – Tatortreiniger Soundtracks (A Sexy Records, 2018)
- The Tuesday Night Machines – The Long Way Down – Roof Tent Rhythms (Strategic Tape Reserve, 2019)
- Schmitz & Niebuhr – Pinky – The Very Best Of (superpolar Taïps, early 2022)
- Brigitte Fontaine, Areski Belkacem and the Art Ensemble of Chicago – Lettre à Monsieur le Chef de gare de la Tour de Carol – Comme à la radio (Saravah, 1969)
- Hualun – 野兽 – An Elephant Sitting still Soundtrack (?, 2018)
- Can – Mother Upduff – Unlimited Edition (Harvest/Caroline, 1969,1976)
Kate Bosworth / Dark Train
- JayetAL – Typewriter
- The Loved One – Paradox Zn
- Apta – We Tire
- Crisp Packet Jackets – (Excerpt) Opposition Is Obsolete
- dogs versus shadows – Futura (1972)
- mold omen – duality of the zookeeper
- Maxx Silver – Visionary
- Southfacing – Muted Response
- Zyklus – Porridge Funnel
Date: 26. September 2021
Friday 1 October sees the release of a new Cassette Single by QST, Frans de Waard’s – as he says – ‘failed attempt’ on producing ambient house music. I must say I’m glad he failed since what he produces as QST (with beats) and Quest (w/o beats) is way better than what the genre name suggests. In simple terms it’s pretty captivating minimal synth stuff.
The QST cassingle will be accompanied by a new bleed Air album, titled ‘time, ferocious’ – the first following the eponymous 2020 debut album. It is an attempt at sonic exploration of concepts of time.
bleed Air concludes the work started with Cassingle ‘Ogehiko/Yahiko’, albeit in a somewhat noisier and more abstract way. Again, all instruments and other (found) sounds were recorded to and with mostly half broken reel to reel and cassette tape machines, fully exploiting their fantastic manipulation capabilities.
Both cassettes will be available from Friday, 09:00 CEST and also offered as a bundle, so that you can save on postage.
P.S.: The ‘time, ferocious’ digital download will be ‘name your price’ for the first couple of weeks.
Date: 3. January 2021
Ogehiko and Yahiko are tape loop siblings.
Ogehiko is a layered four track cassette tape loop., The artist does not exactly remember how he created the main sound element (with one of his synths, he believes). He however recognises use of the Fostex’s lovely pitch wheel, which he digs a lot.
Yahiko is a reel to reel found sound tape loop, played at various speeds and sometimes also slowing the reels down by hand, eventually processed with an aged digital pitch shifter/delay pedal. The artist, due to his continual confusion while splicing the 4-track tape), no longer knows whether the basic drone sound is playing forwards or backwards.
Date: 4. September 2020
bleed Air’s debut full-length is a mix tape blending dark ambient, playful electronica as well as experimental beat and drone.
A journey into warm, analogue noise, echo and soundscapes, sometimes resembling a soundtrack for a yet to be filmed low budget sci-fi movie. When Robot choirs start singing or broken analogue circuits and filters start doing what they want, it can get wacky, but we think it always remains pleasant to listen. Mostly analogue electronic gear, often of the cheaper and not exactly hip kind, and tape effects were used.
It is recommended to listen to each side of the album in one piece.
bleed Air lives in Cologne, runs this label, loves his Omnichord OM-27 and his tape echo too.